Friday, August 26, 2005

A new school year

A new school year has started. Without children around, I have had to come up with new and creative ideas to keep from writing. Alas, it hasn't worked and so I have actually been working on getting the book done and the queries ready to go out to some carefully researched agents. It's a hard line to walk. You have to research agents and publishers, but where is the line between researching and stalking? I say that because a year ago, I had an agent request some of my novel. Unfortunately, the pages she received were, well, boring. So a year later, after massive cuts and revision, I have to wonder. She liked the idea, would she give me a second chance? Would you, if you were up and coming cool young agent?

1 comment:

CottonSr said...

I saw where you had a blog from your letter saying you would be early for the critique group (liar)and that it was to move to the Kettle.

You seemed a bit burnt out and it bothers my conscience to pull at you, even though it is not immediate. I hope it gives you new energy, but if not, then.

You seem to enjoy the library group, so maybe. I have often wondered where you got the dedication to hang in there like you apparently have. It's easy to be discouraged. Hang in there. But also, who knows, maybe collaboration can rejuvenate.