Friday, February 03, 2006

A quote I can relate to...

The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate
it.
-- Franklin P. Jones


When I was about sixteen, my father gave me a watch for Christmas, although he was quite adamant that it wouldn't do any good. He said I didn't need a watch, I needed a calendar and a keeper. I think he knew this not because I was always late, but because he was the same way. Mom, on the other hand, was always at least thirty minutes early. Even when she was in her fifties, she would not do ANYTHING in the morning if she had a lunch date. She didn't want to be late. That meant no running errands, even at nine, for a noon lunch.

See, opposites attract. Or compulsive people bring out passive aggression in others. One of the two.

No comments: